Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Cookies and Cream Homemade Ice Cream


What is better on a hot summer's day (or night) than homemade ice cream?? Not much! After having this recipe at my friend Analise's house, Luke and I knew it was time to buy a homemade ice cream maker. This recipe makes creamy, yummy vanilla ice cream that would be perfect with almost any mix-in you choose, although I highly recommend the Oreos.  And it's so simple, just 4 ingredients! You may have to adjust the amounts a little bit, I think that my ice cream maker is on the small size. It only makes 1 quart of ice cream, but that's perfect for me and Luke. This is a recipe I will be making over and over again for sure, but I'm excited to try out other ice cream and frozen yogurt recipes too! And just a reminder, Father's Day is just a couple days away- why not whip up a batch for Dad? This is definitely right up my Dad's alley :)


Cookies and Cream Homemade Ice Cream


Ingredients:

  • 2 1/2 cups half and half
  • 1/2 cup whole milk
  • 10 oz sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
  • 12 Oreos, crushed

Directions:
In a bowl, mix together half and half, whole milk, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Pour into ice cream maker, and make ice cream as directed. When the ice cream is just about ready, add in the crushed Oreos. Serve and enjoy!!


Recipe from my great friend Analise.

No comments:

Post a Comment