Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pizza Bagels



Pizza bagels are one of those foods that just reminds me of summertime. I think it's because growing up, during the summer we would eat a lot of Bagel Bites and Pizza Rolls for lunch or snacks. So when I was thinking of some meal ideas, I decided to try making a homemade version. They are simple and straight forward, and you can easily alter the toppings. These are also nice because you can make as many or as few as you need. I used regular sized bagels but I've made them with mini bagels before for a snack or appetizer, just remember you may have to decrease the cook time a little. I hope this recipe makes you feel like a kid again! 


On another note, I start rotations next week (!!!). I have decided to try putting together some complete meals and freezing them for easy weeknight cooking. I am looking forward to sharing this experience on the blog so stay tuned!


Pizza Bagels


Ingredients:

  • Bagels, halved
  • Pizza sauce
  • Mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • Cheddar cheese, shredded
  • Italian seasoning
  • Parmesan cheese, grated
  • Choice of toppings (pictured are pepperoni)

Directions:

Turn the oven broiler to low and broil bagels face up for approximately 3 minutes, or until slightly toasted. Remove from oven and set the oven to bake at 350 degrees F. Top bagels with pizza sauce, mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, toppings, and Parmesan cheese. Place back into oven to bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese melts and bubbles. 



1 comment:

  1. This bagel concept is truly a nice summer treat. I could experiment with some choice of toppings such as pepperoni, ham, chicken strips, ground beef, and many more. We all have a go-to restaurant Fort Lauderdale but it sure is nice to try home-made meals when there is time. I’m sure this recipe is a perfect “reward” for my nephew if he decides to behave like an angel. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete