Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Cheese and Onion Petite Quiche




Happy Easter everyone! I've got a tasty recipe that is perfect for Easter brunch or specialty appetizer. It is rich, delicious bite size quiche that is sure to be a crowd pleaser! Luke and I love those frozen petite quiche from the grocery store and we think I came pretty close to replicating them. The original recipe called for Gruyere cheese, but I'm a poor college student and can't afford $15 (FIFTEEN DOLLAR!!!) cheese, so I substituted it for Vermont cheddar. I thought the results were great, but if you can afford it, you might want to try the Gruyere. This recipe's filling is also very versatile. Adding broccoli, spinach, or bacon would be very easy and give them a bit more color and variety. Enjoy!


I hope you all had a wonderful Easter with friends and family, remembering the awesome work that Jesus did on the cross for us nearly 2000 years ago. This was my favorite verse from a song we sung at church this morning, which sums it up nicely :-)


"And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ" (from the song In Christ Alone)





Cheese and Onion Petite Quiche 
  • 2 9″ ready made pie crust
  • 2 Tbsp Butter
  • 2 Medium Onions, halved and finely sliced
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups Heavy Cream
  • 2/3 cup Vermont Cheddar Cheese, coarsely grated, divided in half
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Roll out pie crust and cut into 2 1/2" round circles. Press into greased mini muffin tin.
Beat the eggs in a bowl, then gradually add the cream. Stir in the onions and half the cheese, then season with salt and pepper. Carefully fill each muffin cup with about a tablespoon of batter. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese, then bake for 20-25 mins until set and golden.


No comments:

Post a Comment