Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Homemade Yum Yum Sauce (Shrimp Sauce)



I can't believe I finally have the recipe for this delicious sauce! I have to admit, this sauce is one of my favorite things about going to Hibachi restaurants.   It is so yummy on everything; shrimp, chicken, rice, veggies. We really liked it with this Crock-pot Honey Sesame Chicken recipe. It just adds some pizzazz to the meal! I have heard that there are many different versions of this sauce, so hopefully this is similar to the one you like. This one came pretty close to the kinds I've had. Also, I think next time I will try ketchup instead of tomato paste because I just hate opening up a whole can of it just to use a measly tablespoon. Plus, I don't always have tomato paste on hand. I'll probably just decease the water a little so the consistency stays about the same. 


Homemade Yum Yum Sauce (Shrimp Sauce)

Ingredients: 
  • 1 Cup Low-Fat Mayonnaise
  • 1/4 Cup Water
  • 1 tbsp. Tomato Paste
  • 1 tbsp. Melted Butter
  • 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
  • 1 tsp. Sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. Paprika
  • 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper 
  • 1-2 tsp Soy Sauce
Directions: 
Whisk all ingredients together until the sauce is creamy. Do not add all the water at once. Add a little at a time until you get the consistency you want. Refrigerate over night. 




Adapted from: http://brandyscrafts.blogspot.com/2012/01/homemade-yum-yum-sauce.html





Since this was a short post, I have to throw in a cute picture of Luke and the pup "studying." What a couple of goobers ;-)







No comments:

Post a Comment