Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Easy Chicken Pot Pie




I love comfort foods, especially in the winter. The only problem is that I don't have a ton of time to cook them during the week. This is the perfect solution. I've taken several shortcuts to save time, but you'd never know! I used my Seasoned Chicken to make this recipe, but I've also used a rotisserie chicken from my grocery store with great results. I add a small can of corn to the mix because it's one of Luke's favorite veggies, but you could take this out or substitute it to fit your liking.This really should be called Super Easy Chicken Pot Pie because it's so simple! Prep time is only about 10 minutes, maybe a little less if you don't care about making it look pretty. 

In other news, I just found out from a friend that our wedding pictures were featured on Lisa Hessel's blog a few days ago! She did such a fabulous job, I loved looking at the pictures again! You can check it out here: http://lisahesselphotography.com/blog/?p=4059






Easy Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients
  • 1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can mixed vegetables 
  • 1 small can of corn (optional)
  • 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1 Tbs Italian seasoning
  • 2 refrigerated pie crusts


Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Place one pie crust on the bottom of a greased pie plate.

In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. 


Poor into the pie plate.


  
Place the second pie crust on top, and crimp the edges. 



Luke is amazing at crimping pie edges, so I had to show one more picture!


Cut a few slits in the top.





Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.



It was delicious, and the leftovers were good too! 


I think Abby approves ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment