Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Seasoned Chicken in the Crock-Pot




I love using my crock-pot whenever possible, so when I saw this recipe on Pinterest I knew I would have to try it! It has a basic rub that makes the chicken super flavorful. It was also very moist. I plan on using some of the meat to make Chicken Pot Pie later this week (recipe to follow). I think this chicken would be good in so many different recipes, like chicken salad, BBQ chicken sandwiches, and quesadillas, just to name a few! It's super versatile and very easy to make! 



Seasoned Chicken in the Crock-Pot

Ingredients
  • 1 broiler/fryer chicken 
  • 2 Tbsp Paprika
  • 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
  •  3 cloves garlic  (or 2 Tbsp garlic powder)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • A few tsp. of water
Directions 

First, rinse off your chicken and remove the neck and giblets, if yours came with any.



Next, mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add water 1 tsp. at a time to the mixture until a paste forms.

Coat the chicken with the paste and set the chicken in the crock-pot breast side down.


Cover and cook for 6-7 hours on low or 3.5-4.5 hours on high. It will make your whole house smell delicious! I wanted to take a picture of it when it was finished, but when I tried to take it out of the crock pot it was literally falling off the bone. 

Once it's done, shred the meat as desired.



Adapted from: http://busy-mommy.com/2010/02/how-to-make-your-own-rotisserie-chicken.html

No comments:

Post a Comment